This is a great bruschetta recipe based on an artichoke dip. It’s always a huge hit! Try adding spinach or tomatoes!
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Romano cheese, red onion and mayonnaise. Top French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture. Arrange slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned.
- Finally, you can add some Olives and Capers to the recipe, by placing them on top of the bruschettas.
- An excellent accompaniment is sundried tomatoes.
278 calories; protein 10g; carbohydrates 35.7g; fat 11.1g; cholesterol 11mg; sodium 592.7mg.