Garlic Roasted Duck Breast
Duck breast. Pan seared, then roasted with garlic and rosemary.
Original recipe yields 1 servings
- 1 (6 ounce) skin-on duck breast
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Place duck breast skin side-down on a cutting board. Cut a small slit from top to bottom, 2/3 of the way through the duck breast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place duck breast skin side-down in the hot skillet; cook until browned, about 30 seconds. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Transfer duck breast to a clean work surface, skin-side down. Place 3 or 4 garlic strips inside the slit. Place rosemary sprig over garlic; top with remaining garlic strips. Place skin side-up in a baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 120 degrees F (50 degrees C), about 10 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 132 calories; protein 14.8g; carbohydrates 3.5g; fat 6.4g; cholesterol 78.9mg; sodium 2376.3mg